Did you know?
New and young workers in Ontario are three times more likely to be injured during their first month on the job than at any other time. New and Young workers are of specific concern for the Ministry of Labour. The Ministry continues to ‘blitz’ employers with young workers in 2019 and as an employer YOU are responsible for providing them with the knowledge and understanding that they need to work in a safe manner.
The Boating Ontario Student Marine Safety Training Workshop offers members a discounted safety awareness training to ensure your employees are in compliance with the Ministry of Labour requirements each season.
In this 8 hour training workshop, students will learn in both a classroom & practical setting and will cover the following subjects;
- Customer Service
- Occupational Health & Safety Awareness
- WHMIS 2015
- Gas Dock Operations Part 1: Classroom
- Technical Standards and Safety Act (TSSA), Spill Response Awareness & Emergency Response Awareness
- Gas Dock Operations Part 2: Practical
- Spill Kits and Emergency Shut-offs, Fire Extinguisher Training, Life Ring Toss & Belaying a cleat exercise
Register below at a location near you and ensure your new or summer staff have all they need to succeed this season!
More dates & locations will be added as they are confirmed. If you would like to host a workshop with a minimum of 10 people, please email Duane McKay for additional available dates.
To learn more about the Ministry of Labour Requirements use the Safety Road Map in the WSPS Small Business Centre by choosing the size of your organization.